Tuesday, September 25, 2012

CMC

Q - What is the CMC?

A - Civilian Military Combine is an adventure race that takes components of Tough Mudder combined with CrossFit strength challenges.

The race starts off with the PIT instead of a traditional starting lining.

Pit - 4 exercises for reps accumulated within 90 of work and 30 seconds of rest. You move from one station to the next until all 4 components are finished.

•Burpees - Chest to Floor
•Kettlebell Swings - To lock out
Men 20 kg Women 12kg
•Thrusters - To lock out
Men 75lbs Women 45lbs
•Box Jumps - 24" Box

Most scores will range between 100-200.

After all this you have a quick 2 minutes to grab food and drink to recharge for the 5 mile obstacle run.

You get scored on a bell curve to tabulate your final score.

I got 151 reps in the PIT, (though I counted 168) and ran the course in 52:27. My time placed me 77th, but my PIT score wasn't as great so overall I placed 114/1500.

I'll take that for my first CMC and will definitely train harder for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment